[Solved] Discord Black Screen When Screen Sharing
This won’t happen often, but there may be a time when something goes wrong and Discord displays a black screen when youre streaming from the application.
Common causes of this issue are graphics driver update issues, problems with improper Discord settings, or issues with recent updates. But dont worry. On this page, we’ll take you through a series of troubleshooting steps to help you resolve it.
You may not have to try them all, just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick for you.
Fix 1: Kill All Running Discord Processes
Youve probably restarted Discord many times, but when you do so, make sure all of Discords processes are closed. If therere lingering startup entries, disable those too.
1) Right-click your taskbar and select Task Manager.
2) Youll notice a bunch of Discord processes running in the background. Right-click each of them and select End Task.
3) Relaunch Discord to test your issue.
If you still run into the black screen issue when using Discord, read on and try the next fix.
Fix 2. Switch to Windowed Mode
If you keep running the black issue when streaming in fullscreen mode, try switch to Windowed Mode.
To leave the fullscreen mode, just press the Ctrl, Shift, and F keys on your keyboard at the same time.
You can easily go back to the fullscreen mode in Discord by using the same keyboard shortcut, Ctrl + Shift + F, if you want.
If you still run into a black screen after this, try the fix below.
Fix 3: Update Discord
Discord releases regular updates to fix bugs. Its possible that a recent update is preventing Discord from running correctly, and a new update is needed to fix it. Heres how to check if there is any update available:
1) Run Discord.
2) On your taskbar, right-click Discord and select Check for Updates.
5) Relaunch Discord to test your issue.
If you run into the black screen issue again when streaming, try the next fix below.
Fix 4: Update Your Graphics Driver
An outdated or corrupted graphics driver can cause a black screen while youre streaming from Discord. Make sure you have the right driver installed on your computer to eliminate the chances of getting a black screen.
You can find the graphics driver manually. Just go to the manufacturer website of your graphics card, find the driver corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 32 bit) and download the driver. Once you’ve downloaded the correct drivers for your system, double-click on the downloaded file to install the driver.
If you dont have the time, patience, or computer skills to update the audio driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
The Pro version of Driver Easy comes with full technical support.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at [email protected]
4) Check if Discord displays properly now.
If Discord is still not working, then try the next method, below.
Fix 5: Turn on/off Hardware Acceleration
Ordinarily, when you run an application, it uses the standard CPU on your computer. If you run a heavy task, such as screen sharing, to work effectively, your app will use other hardware components on your PC.
If you have good hardware, enabling Hardware Acceleration will result in better performance of your application; however, if your hardware is weak, this feature may cause problems for you.
To see if thats the core issue, try turning on Hardware Acceleration on Discord if its off, or vice versa. Here is how to do it:
1) Run Discord, then click the Settings icon.
2) Click Appearance, if Hardware Acceleration is on, turn it off, or vice versa.
3) Click Okay.
4) Reopen Discord to see if this has resolved your issue.
If your problem still exists, try the next fix.
Fix 6: Turn off Unneeded Programs
If youre running multiple programs at the same time when using Discord, chances are that one of your programs is preventing the application from working correctly.
Its recommended that you turn off unnecessary programs when using screen share in Discord. Here is how to do it:
1) Right-click your taskbar and select Task Manager.
2) Check your current CPU and memory usage to see what processes are consuming your resources most.
3) Right-click the resource-consuming process and select End task.
Don’t end any program that you’re not familiar with. It may be critical for the functioning of your computer.
4) Restart Discord to see if this has resolved your issue.
If not, then go ahead with the next fix.
Fix 7: Clear Discord Cache Folder
Improper account settings and temporary Discord files may also cause Discord to fail. To see if thats the core issue, try clearing Discord Roaming data. Here is how to do it:
1) Exit Discord.
2) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R.
3) Type %appdata% and click OK.
4) Right-click Discord, then select Delete.
4) Relaunch Discord to test your issue.
If the issue persists, read on and try the fix, below.
Fix 8: Run Discord as Administrator
Discord should run perfectly fine without admin access in most cases. But occasionally, you might come up against something that requires admin access. Just close Discord and then run the program as Administrator (Make sure you kill all running Discord processes when you’re doing this.).
If you’re not sure how to do it, follow the instructions below:
1) Right-click your taskbar and select Task Manager.
2) Right-click Discord then select End Task. (Ensure you right-click on the main Discord link, not the subdirectory entries)
3) Right-click the Discord icon on your desktop, then select Properties.
4) Under the Compatibility tab, check the box next to Run this program as an administrator, then click OK.
5) Relaunch Discord.
If the issue persists, try the next fix.
Fix 9: Run Discord in Compatibility Mode
Discord black issues can be caused by compatibility issues with your OS. You can run Discord in compatibility mode to test if this is the core issue:
1) Close Discord.
2) Right-click the Discord icon and select Properties.
3) Under the Compatibility tab, check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for.
4) In the drop-down box below the checkbox option, select the version of Windows to run Discord under, for compatibility.
5) Click Apply then OK.
6) Restart Discord to test your issue.
If Discord black screen issues still occur to you, try the next fix.
Fix Reinstall Discord
The Discord black screen issue might happen if the application isnt properly installed on your PC. If thats the problem for you, reinstalling Discord should fix it. Here is how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key. Then, type control and click Control Panel.
2) Under View by, click Category, and then select Uninstall a program.
3) Right-click Discord and click Uninstall.
4) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time.
5) Type %appdata%, then click OK.
6) Delete the Discord folder.
7) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time.
8) Type %localappdata% and click OK.
9) Delete the Discord folder.
10) Download and install Discord.
If the problem still exists, you can contact Discord support for assistance or try Discord PTB (also called public test build) to see if it works.
Hopefully, this article helped in resolving your issue. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.
people found this helpful
Is your Discord overlay flickering? Heres a quick fix
Passionate about technology, Windows, and everything that has a power button, he spent most of his time developing new skills and learning more about the tech world. Coming from a solid background in PC Read more
- Discord is a great software, but many reported that Discord overlay is flickering on their PC.
- To fix the issue, ensure that other applications aren't interfering with Discord.
- Discord settings can also cause this problem, so adjust them accordingly to fix it.
- To fix Discord overlay flickering in OSU, make sure that both Discord and the game are using the same GPU.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC issues and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps:
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer's security and performance
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Discord is one of the most popular platforms for chatting, but many users reported that Discord overlay flickering issues.
In this article were presenting you with an easy troubleshooting guide on how you can fix this problem by yourself, so lets get started.
How do I fix Discord overlay flickering?
1. Change Paint.NET settings
- Access Paint.net go to the Settings icon in the upper right corner.
- Turn off Hardware accelerated rendering (GPU).
- Restart Discord.
The problem that causes Discord to display overlay flickering may be determined by the fact that the app injects itself into the Direct2D graphics stack, that is also used by the Paint.NET.
However, after changing this setting, the Discord overlay flickering should be gone.
2. Enable GPU on Discord
- Change the settings of Discord and the game to Run as Administrator or to Not Run as Administrator.
- Go to DiscordUser Settings in the bottom left of the app.
- Select the Appearance tab under App Settings.
- Under the Advance tab turn on the Hardware Acceleration.
- Restart Discord.
After changing this setting, check if Discord overlay flickering is gone in OSU. If not, proceed to the next solution.
3. Assign Discord and OSU to the same GPU
- From the Windows bar access the Settings menu.
- Scroll down on the left side of the menu and click Graphic Settings.
- For a an app with a exe.file extension select Classic app, then click Browse.
- From the Graphic Setting menu pick the app and select Options.
- Select a GPU: System default, Power Saving or High performance
- Click Save and Restart the app
Repeat the steps for the OSU game to fix the Discord overlay flickering in OSU.
If the flickering appears when youre using the Screenshare feature from Discord, you need to make sure that the Discord app and the OSU game you are playing are using the same GPU.
This applies in the case when your PC or laptop has two graphic cards.
As you can see its not that difficult to solve the problem regarding the Discord overlay flickering when you play OSU, if you follow carefully the steps that weve just presented you with in our article.
We hope that our guide helped resume your fun in no time. Thats why wed like to hear more about your experience so please feel free to use the comment section below.
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated Great on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with Patented Technologies (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
- Slow n sear weber 26
- John deere excavator seat covers
- Does walmart mix paint colors
- 20 year vow renewal dresses
5 Methods to Fix Discord Screen Share Flickering [Partition Manager]
Screen share is a feature in Discord that allows you to share your screen to other players. You can share a particular window or the whole screen by using this feature. However, Discord screen share flickering occurs frequently. Today, MiniTool offers you some fixes in this post.
Method 1: Run Discord as Administrator
You are recommended to run every program on your PC as administrator. It is true for Discord too. Discord flickering issue will occur if you don’t run Discord and the app in the same way. Hence, you should run both Discord and the app that you would like to stream as either an administrator or not.
Method 2: Update Discord
Like Windows, Discord also keeps releasing updates to provide new features and patches to the known bugs. If you encounter Discord share screen flickering issue, you should try updating Discord to the latest version.
Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows and R keys, and then type %localappdata% and hit Enter.
Step 2: In the next window, double click on the Discord folder to open it.
Step 3: Double click Update.exe and then wait for the finish of the update process.
Step 4: Now, relaunch Discord to see if the Discord screen flickering error is solved.
Zoom Share Screen Not Working [5 Solutions]
Are you suffering from the Zoom share screen not working issue? If so, you can read this post. Several solutions to this issue are talked about.
Method 3: Delete Discord Cache Folder
Improper account settings and Discord temporary files can result in Discord screen share flickering error. You can test if it’s the error source by deleting the Discord cache folder. Here are detailed steps.
Step 1: Exit Discord.
Step 2: Open the Run window, and then type %appdata% and click OK.
Step 3: In the pop-up window, scroll down the list to find Discord. Then right click on Discord and choose the Delete option in the elevated menu.
Step 4: Relaunch Discord to see if the flickering issue disappears.
Method 4: Update Graphics Driver
A faulty or outdated driver is responsible for Discord screen share flickering error too. Hence, try updating the graphics driver on your computer when receiving the error.
Tip: Outdated drivers can cause various errors like Rainbow Six Siege lag spikes, Dev error , the group or resource is not in the correct state, computer keeps crashing, etc.
Step 1: Right click the Windows icon on your desktop and click on the Device Manager option in the prompted Start menu. Alternatively, you can also open Run window, and then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
Step 2: Double-click on Display adapters to expand it, and then right click on your graphics driver from the list and click the Update driver option.
Step 3: In the next window, choose the Search automatically for updated driver software option. Then follow the on-screen instruction to finish the operation.
The Full Guide to Fix the Dell Laptop Black Screen Issue
Have you suffered from the Dell laptop black screen issue? How does this annoying error happen? This post will explore the reasons and solutions to it.
Method 5: Reinstall Discord
If Discord isn’t installed properly on your computer, Discord screen flickering issue happens as well. In this case, you should reinstall Discord.
Step 1: Press Windows and R keys to open the Run window, and then type control and hit Enter.
Step 2: In the Control Panel window, change the View by type to Category. Click Uninstall a program under the Programs section.
Step 4: Find and right-click Discord from the installed programs, and then click Uninstall. Then confirm the operation to finish the process.
Tip: To completely remove the Discord related data, you should delete the Discord cache folder and its installation data.
Step 5: Now, click here to download and install Discord.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Having writing articles about computer tech for a long time, I am rather experienced especially on the aspect of computer optimization, PC enhancement, as well as tech terms explanation. The habit of looking through tech forums makes me a great computer issues collector. And then, many articles related to these issues are released, which benefit plenty of users. Professional, effective, and innovative are always the pursuit of an editing worker.
7 Methods to Resolve Discord Screen Share Flickering
Discord is one of the most well-known applications for creating podcasts, sharing screens and chatting. According to the users, the application is facing an issue Discord screen share flickering. In the other words, the tech experts also coined the issue as Discord overlay flickering.
The reasons behind the issue are disabling the GPU, improper graphics card settings, outdated Discord application, presence of residual files and many more. To resolve the issue once and for all, you need to apply few solutions.
Bring Back Discord Screen to Working Condition
Before diving into the solutions, make sure that your system is free from any kind of issues. In addition to that, the internet connection you use must be active so that it doesn’t become a barrier in the download process.
1. Paint.net Settings: Necessary Alters
You need to turn off the hardware acceleration with the help of Paint.net version This has a good chance to eliminate the Discord screen share flickering issue. Navigate to the Settings and uncheck the “Hardware accelerated rendering”. Now, close the window and restart the application.
You need to perform the above-mentioned step because the overlaying feature of Discord sometimes affects the Direct 2D stack of system graphics. This 2D stack is operated by the Paint.net feature. Thus, the disabling of the hardware rendering will work.
2. The GPU Activation
The absence of the GPU in the application might lead to Discord screen share flickering. So, you need to activate the GPU from the Discord user settings. Before that, make sure that the application has system administrator rights. Now, navigate to the “Appearance” tab that is present under the App Settings. Turn the GPU on and restart the application to make the changes effective.
3. The Discord and OSU: Synchronize with the same GPU
You must sync both Discord and OSU together with the same GPU. Surely the elimination of Discord screen share flickering is inevitable. Navigate to the Settings and open the “Display” option. After that, select “Graphics Settings” and choose another application by hitting on “Browse”. After selecting, you will witness the “Graphics specifications” window, select “High Performance”. Now, save the changes and restart Discord.
4. Recover the missing Administrator Rights
When you are facing a Discord screen share flickering issue, there might be an absence of administrator rights. Now, the process is very easy. Hopefully, the Discord shortcut is present on the File Explorer. Right-click on it and choose “Run this program as an administrator”. Discord will open and you will not face the screen flickering issue.
5. Discord: Switching to the New Version
If you are using the outdated version of Discord, then it’s obvious that you will face Discord screen share flickering. So, there is one solution to this. Switch to the latest version of Discord. You can either update the application from the Services window or download the latest setup file.
6. Opting for the Graphics Driver Update
Outdated graphics drivers can result in Discord screen share flickering. Navigate to the Services, find out the name of the graphics driver and update it. You can also use any third-party application for updating the graphics card driver. The official support website of the graphics card manufacturer will also help you regarding the update.
7. Discord Latest Technology Feature: Turn it off now
If you want to capture the screen and share, the “Latest technology” of Discord comes in handy. But, it will also create screen flickering issues in the application. Thus, navigate to Discord’s dedicated settings and choose the “Voice and Video” option. You will see the “Use our latest technology to capture your screen” option, turn off the toggle button.
What if Discord has Corrupted Files?
Due to some obvious reasons, the Discord system files might be corrupted. So, you need to delete those files. So, how are you going to do that? It’s easy, remove the application and get a fresh and new version of the Discord. If you cannot uninstall the application, don’t worry, just install the application which will automatically delete and overwrite/replace the old corrupted files.
Recover System (OS) Corrupted Files
If none of the above solutions works, then you might have to format your computer. You can do it easily with the help of a bootable storage device. Restart your system, load the OS, format the system drive and set the installation location. The entire process will take some time to complete. After the format of the drive, let the system do its job. After that, get all the necessary drivers and the Discord application. Hopefully, you will not face any error in your system and also in the Discord application.
Screen share flickering discord
Why is my discord overlay flashing?
Why is my discord overlay flashing?
If the flickering appears when youre using the Screenshare feature from Discord, you need to make sure that the Discord app and the OSU game you are playing are using the same GPU. This applies in the case when your PC or laptop has two graphic cards.
How do I enable overlay in discord mobile?
You can enable the Mobile Voice Overlay by going into Settings -> Voice & Video -> and you should see a Enable Mobile Voice Overlay toggle. When you enable the toggle, youll be taken to the Android System permissions to allow Discord to draw on top.
How do I move the overlay in discord?
If you press the “Toggle overlay lock” key, which as mentioned above defaults to “Shift + `”, a full Discord window will open. Now you can reposition the list of users in your current voice channel by clicking and dragging it by the eight-dot icon in the top-left corner.
How do I move the discord overlay to the bottom left?
Launch any game and then press Shift + ` (or whatever key combo you set earlier) to bring up the in-game overlay menu. Click the pin icon to make a window appear even when you lower the in-game overlay menu. You can adjust the opacity of this window by clicking the Opacity icon and adjusting the slider.
What is the hotkey for discord overlay?
If you want to access the overlay while you are playing a game and without having to minimize the game window, then you can use the overlay lock button. The shortcut default is Shift + ` and can be accessed anytime as long as Discord is open.
Where is the overlay button in discord?
Before opening your game, go into Discord and click on the User Settings. This is a small gear icon located at the bottom of the window, next to your username. Under the App Settings, click on the Overlay option. Toggle Enable In-Game Overlay to on by clicking the slider.
How do you hide the overlay in discord?
How do I disable Discord overlay in Windows?
- Launch the Discord app if not already running.
- Click the User Settings icon (gear icon).
- Under the App Settings section, select the Overlay tab.
- Toggle the switch to disable the Enable in-game overlay option.
- Launch any game and check if the discord overlays are disabled.
How do I disable overlay in-game?
It includes the Nvidia ShadowPlay overlay, which lets you record video, take screenshots, and broadcast your gameplay.
- Click on the System Tray to show hidden icons.
- Right-click the Nvidia icon.
- Click GeForce Experience.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Toggle In-Game Overlay to off.
- Close the GeForce Experience window.
How do I turn off overlay on my computer?
To do so, open the overlay with Alt+Z and then click the gear-shaped “Preferences” icon at the right side of your screen. Select “Overlays” in the menu that appears. Select the “Status Indicator” overlay and click “Off”.
How do I disable Windows overlay?
Navigate to Menu → Edit → Preferences. Then scroll down to Display options. Locate this option: Show desktop overlay when using media keys. Simply toggle it off if you want to hide the overlay.
Good vagina - broken and elastic, it will fit under my dick. And not only for mine. And the ruins are good. But the ass is tight. I don't like that.
You will also like:
- Green acres downtown menu
- Pins and needles tattoo
- Oneplus 7 pro recovery mode
- The grinch 2000 movie poster
- Why is kakashi so weak
- Vital smiles ortho mobile al
- Solid wood living room cabinets
- Rocket league packet loss
- Tello coupon code 2020
- Lake george weather in april
- Hiking trails near lancaster ca
- Honda civic hubcaps 2015
- T 90 transmission parts
He pulled her head back, wrapping her hair in a ponytail around his arm. - And how many times did you get fucked in one night. - Fuck. - Spitting from her hair and shaking her head, Marinka said confidently. - Figase.