CVT MAINTENANCE NOTES
- For vehicles with a CVT; cube®, Murano®, Altima®, Altima coupe, Maxima®, Rogue®, Pathfinder®, Sentra® and Versa®, replace the fluid every 60,000 miles or if the CVT fluid deterioration data is more than 210000.
- If towing a trailer or if the vehicle is driven on rough or muddy roads, replace the CVT fluid every 30,000 miles or 24 months.
- When servicing a Nissan vehicle equipped with a CVT, make sure to use the appropriate Nissan CVT fluid specified in the Electronic Service Manual (ESM), Owner’s Manual or Service and Maintenance Guide.
- NISSAN CVT Fluid NS-2 (“green fluid”) – applies to all Nissan vehicles equipped with a CVT built prior to 2013. Use NS-2 green fluid to service these vehicles.
- New, unused service replacement CVTs may have some residual “blue” NS-3 fluid. However, these service replacement CVTs should be filled with NS-2 green fluid. No draining is necessary.
- Do not use Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) or Manual Transmission Fluid in a Nissan CVT as it may damage the CVT. Damage caused by the use of fluids other than as recommended is not covered under Nissan’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
When replacing the fluid, always use shop paper (lint free) instead of shop cloth when checking fluid level or cleaning parts. Be careful when looking into the drain hole, and after replacement, always perform a leakage check.
DIAGNOSING AND FIXING CVT CONCERNS
Basic inspection of a CVT system begins by clarifying on the information from the customer by having him or her fill out a diagnostic worksheet describing his or her concern with the CVT. After that, check the fail-safe mode and CVT fluid
1. Fail-safe Mode - The TCM has a fail-safe mode so that operation can be continued despite a malfunction of the signal circuit. For the fail-safe mode, if multiple DTCs are displayed, address them one by one based on the priority they are given in the Service Manual.
2. CVT Fluid Check - The CVT fluid must be checked any time a repair or replacement is performed on the transmission. Here are the steps:
- When wiping away the CVT fluid level gauge, always use lint-free paper, not a cloth/shop rag.
- Replace drain plug gaskets with new ones at the final stage of the operation.
- Use caution when looking into the drain hole as there is a risk of dripping fluid entering the eye.
- After replacement, always perform a CVT fluid leakage check.
- During adjustment of the CVT fluid level, check with C-III plus to ensure the proper oil temperature is maintained.
– All model years prior to 2013: Fluid level should be checked with the fluid warmed up to 122°F to 176°F (50°C to 80°C).
– All Other Model Years: Fluid level should be checked with the fluid warmed up to 95°F to 113°F (35°C to 45°C).
a. Check that the selector lever is in the P (Park) position and then completely engage the parking brake
b. Start the engine.
c. Adjust the CVT fluid temperature and maintain at the appropriate temperature for the model/model year.
NOTE: The CVT fluid is largely affected by temperature; therefore, be sure to use C-III plus and check “FLUID TEMP” under “TRANSMISSION” in “Data Monitor” while adjusting.
d. While depressing the brake pedal, move the shift selector through all positions in the entire shift range, and then back to the P (Park) position.
NOTE: Hold the lever at each position for 5 seconds.
e. Raise the vehicle on a lift.
f. Check that there is no CVT fluid leakage.
NOTE: 2012-15 Versa Sedan (N17), 2013-15 Pathfinder (R52), 2013-2015 Sentra (B17), 2013-2015 Altima Sedan (L33), and 2014-15 Rogue (T32), 2014-2015 NV200 (M20), 2014-2015 Versa Note (E12), 2013 JX35 and 2014-2015 QX60 (L50) vehicles equipped with CVT do not have a fluid level gauge.* The NYC Taxi (NV200) is equipped with the CVT fluid level gauge.
*For vehicle models equipped with a CVT fluid level gauge see information later in this article.
g. Remove the overflow plug from the converter housing.
h. Install the charging pipe set into the overflow plug hole.
- Tighten the charging pipe by hand.
i. Install the ATF changer hose to the charging pipe.
- Press the ATF changer hose all the way onto the charging pipe until it stops.
j. Fill with the correct application CVT fluid in the specified amount.
k. Remove the ATF changer hose from the charging pipe, and check that the CVT fluid drains from the charging pipe. If it does not drain, perform charging again adding approximately 0.5 L (0.5 qt.) each time until CVT fluid starts to drain out.
- Perform this work with the vehicle idling.
l. When the flow of CVT fluid slows to a drip, remove the charging pipe from the converter housing.
m. Tighten the overflow plug with new gasket/O-ring.
*For vehicle models equipped with a CVT fluid level gauge
(Continued from Step g. of Fluid Check Procedure above.)
- Pull out the CVT fluid level gauge from the CVT fluid charging pipe after pressing the tab on the CVT fluid level gauge to release the lock (if so equipped).
- Wipe fluid off the CVT fluid level gauge. Insert the CVT fluid level gauge by rotating it 180° from the originally installed position, then securely push the CVT fluid level gauge until it meets the top end of the CVT fluid charging pipe
- When wiping off the CVT fluid level gauge, always use lint-free paper, not a cloth rag.
- Place the selector lever in P (Park) or N (Neutral) and check that the fluid level is within the specified range.
- When reinstalling the CVT fluid level gauge, insert it into the CVT fluid charging pipe and rotate it to the original installation position until it is securely locked.
- When replacing the TCM and the transaxle, replace the transaxle assembly first.
- After replacing a transaxle, it is necessary to erase the TCM’s stored data and write new data. Before replacing a TCM, save its data in C-III plus so that it can be written in the new TCM. The instructions for these procedures are in the TM section of the Service Manual for each vehicle.
- Perform a TCM input/output signal inspection before determining the need to replace the TCM.
- Battery voltage is sent to the TCM even if the ignition switch is OFF. Be sure the engine is OFF, then remove both battery cables, negative cable first, before doing any repair work.
- Use caution not to bend or break any connectors or their terminal pins when connecting or disconnecting them from the TCM.
- Connect and lock all connectors in the system securely after work. Make sure they are free of grime and dirt.
- Properly route and secure harnesses after work.
- Connect rubber tubes properly after work.
- After repairs are completed, be sure to erase DTCs from the TCM and ECM before returning the vehicle to the customer.
Perform the following after the transmission assembly is replaced:
- Erasing and writing TCM data: TCM performs accurate gear ratio control by retrieving and storing data (characteristic value).
- Erasing CVT fluid degradation level data: TCM records the degradation level calculated from the vehicle driving status; it is necessary to erase the degradation level data recorded by the TCM.
1. Check the serial number (part 1): write down the serial number of the new transmission assembly.
2. Check the serial number (part 2) with CONSULT.
a. Turn the ignition switch ON and insert the TCM data CD into CONSULT.
b. Select “Work Support” in “TRANSMISSION,” and then select “WRITE IP CHARA - REPLACEMENT AT/CVT.”
c. Make sure the serial number displayed on CONSULT agrees with the number written in the memo.
3. Initialize the TCM with CONSULT.
a. Select “ERASE MEMORY DATA” and touch “Start” according to the instructions on CONSULT.
b. If “COMPLETED” is displayed, go to the next step; otherwise, turn the ignition switch OFF and wait for 10 seconds or more, and then perform the work again.
4. Write the data with CONSULT.
NOTE: Write the new solenoid data in the TCM according to the following instructions.
a. Shift the selector lever to the P (Park) position, and turn the ignition switch OFF and wait for 10 seconds.
b. Turn the ignition switch ON.
c. Select “Work Support” in “TRANSMISSION,” and then select “WRITE IP CHARA - REPLACEMENT AT/CVT.”
d. Write the data in the TCM according to the instructions on on C-III plus.
NOTE: When writing is complete, the shift position indicator of the combination meter will display “P”.
5. Erase CVT fluid degradation level data with CONSULT.
a. Select “WORK SUPPORT” in “TRANSMISSION,” and then select “CONFORM CVT FLUID DETERIORATION.”
b. Touch “Clear.”
NOTE: DO NOT replace the Transmission Control Module (TCM) unless all diagnostic steps in TSB NTB11-043 check OK and the Service Manual diagnostic steps direct to TCM replacement.
- The TCM accurately controls CVT operation by retrieving the data (inherent characteristic value) of each solenoid.
- Before replacement of a TCM, it is necessary to save the current TCM data using CONSULT before replacement of the TCM.
- After replacement, saved data must be written to the new TCM.
NOTE: The TCM needs to be initialized when:
- Replacing the CVT or the Valve Body assembly and not the TCM
- Installing/swapping a TCM from another vehicle
- Using fluids that are not equivalent to Genuine Nissan CVT Fluid may also damage the CVT. Damage caused by the use of fluids other than as recommended is not covered under Nissan’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
- Always use shop paper; never use shop cloth.
- Replace drain plug gaskets with new ones before reinstalling.
1. Select “Data Monitor” in “TRANSMISSION” using CONSULT.
2. Select “FLUID TEMP” and confirm that the CVT fluid temperature is 95°F (35°C) to 113°F (45°C).
3. Position the shift selector in P (Park) position, and engage the parking brake.
4. Raise the vehicle on a lift or hoist.
5. Remove the drain plug and drain the CVT fluid from the oil pan.
6. Install the drain plug.
7. Install the charging pipe set into the overflow plug hole
8. Remove the overflow plug from the converter housing.
9. Install the ATF changer hose to the charging pipe.
10. Fill CVT fluid to the specified amount.
11. Remove the ATF changer hose and charging pipe and then install the overflow plug.
12. Start the engine.
13. While depressing the brake pedal, move the shift selector through all positions in the entire shift range, then return to the P (Park) position.
14. Check using C-III plus Data Monitor, make sure “FLUID TEMP” is maintained at the appropriate temperature for the model/model year. (Refer to the applicable ESM.)
NOTE: Hold the lever at each position for 5 seconds.
15. Stop the engine.
16. Remove the drain plug and drain CVT fluid.
17. Repeat steps 6-16 (one time).
18. Tighten the drain plug, and then remove the overflow plug.
19. Install the charging pipe shut-off coupler from the Transmission Fill Pump into the overflow plug hole.
20. Install the ATF changer hose to the shut-off coupler.
21. Fill CVT fluid to specified amount.
22. Remove the ATF changer hose and charging pipe then install the overflow plug.
23. Start the engine.
24. While depressing the brake pedal, move the shift selector to each position, then return to the “P” position.
NOTE: Hold the lever at each position for 5 seconds.
25. Remove the overflow plug and confirm that the CVT fluid is drained from the overflow plug hole.
- Perform this work with the engine idling.
26. When the flow of CVT fluid slows to a drip, tighten the overflow plug to the specified torque.
27. Select “Data Monitor” in “TRANSMISSION” using using C-III plus, and then select “CONFORM CVT FLUID DETERIORATION.”
28. Select “Erase.”
29. Stop the engine.
CVT OIL LEAK DIAGNOSIS USING FLORESCENT DYE
If you have a CVT that appears to have oil seepage or a leak on the transmission, follow the steps below to assist in a correct diagnosis.
1. Thoroughly clean off the area of the suspected leak.
2. Install 1 fluid ounce of the J-28431 Fluorescent Oil Dye* into the CVT.
3. Drive the vehicle for a minimum of 30 minutes (to ensure proper diagnosis).
4. Inspect using the lamp from the J-43926 A/C Dye Kit*.
If no fluorescent oil trace/leak is found, the stain is probably:
Corrosion protection chemicals sprayed on the transmission and/or lubricants which are sometimes used to ease the assembly process.
NOTE: These may cause dust to accumulate (gather) on the transmission and create the appearance of an oil leak. Neither of these requires corrective action.
If a fluorescent oil trace/leak is found:
Refer to the applicable ESM and repair using standard warranty procedures.
*These tools were made Essential in 2001 (J-28431) and 1999 (J-43926). They are also available from Tech Mate at 1-800-662-2001.
NOTE: The Fluorescent Oil Dye is also available from Tech Mate in a pack of six 1-ounce bottles. That pack is available as part number J-28431-6.
2015 Nissan Altima - AT Fluid - Vehicle Specific
Transmission fluid is the lubricant for all the moving parts that make up your vehicle's transmission. Due to the heat generated in the transmission, the fluid can break down over time. What type of transmission fluid you need depends on your vehicle. Your car's manual provides transmission fluid service requirements. Regular transmission service is necessary to keep your car on the road. That's why O’Reilly Auto Parts has the transmission fluid your vehicle needs. Check out our complete line of products.Show More Show Less
- Double acting snow plow cylinders
- Cat 9 composite review
- Russell 1000 value etf vanguard
- How to install lattice caps
We're offline for a tune-up, we'll be up and running smoothly very soon.
In the meantime, here are some other options available:
Advance Auto Parts store
We appreciate your patience – on your next visit, use coupon code PS20 for 20% off your purchase.
We look forward to serving you,
The Advance Team
What a nice name. My name is Stephen, - then he held out his hand, and she shook it. A picture of Stephen kissing her hand in greeting came into Jane's head, and she chuckled inwardly.
Altima transmission nissan fluid 2015
Redesigned the dressing room and now it is larger and everyone can sit at the table and drink beer freely. The mother boasted. Sergei Gennadievich was one of those men who argued with everything, very mobile, which cannot be said about many 50-year-old men. He spoke very easily and fluently. Such women are liked by women and it is not surprising that they liked Antonina Mikhailovna, very pleasant in appearance.2013-2018 Nissan Altima CVT Tranmission Fluid Change
I wonder if he does a part-time job at weddings as a photographer. Get on all fours and put your ass a little, the Elephant cooed affectionately. - How is it, substitute.
- Rims for 2017 silverado 1500
- Rv parks near murfreesboro tennessee
- Mpg z390 gaming plus
- Futurama: the lost episode
- Love live flower bouquet cosplay
- Power steering 2006 chevy impala
- Red and white flower pot
- Difference between convert and revert
- Gravity falls how to draw
- Can am spyder price
During her life as a single mother, she has endured so many troubles from men, and here there is still such a misfortune. I went to the bed and stood at her feet. My eyes fell on her reddened and swollen lips of the tortured vagina.