Included for free with this service
12-month / 12k-mile warranty
Free 50 point safety inspection
Our certified mobile mechanics can come to your home or office 7 days a week between 7 AM and 9 PM.
Car Thermostat Replacement Service
How much does a Car Thermostat Replacement cost?
On average, the cost for a Volkswagen CC Car Thermostat Replacement is $224 with $91 for parts and $133 for labor. Prices may vary depending on your location.
|2012 Volkswagen CCV6-3.6L||Service typeCar Thermostat Replacement||Estimate$459.61||Shop/Dealer Price$548.26 - $782.73|
|2015 Volkswagen CCL4-2.0L Turbo||Service typeCar Thermostat Replacement||Estimate$327.15||Shop/Dealer Price$389.71 - $545.85|
|2010 Volkswagen CCV6-3.6L||Service typeCar Thermostat Replacement||Estimate$421.59||Shop/Dealer Price$507.76 - $734.73|
|2017 Volkswagen CCV6-3.6L||Service typeCar Thermostat Replacement||Estimate$327.15||Shop/Dealer Price$389.68 - $545.79|
|2011 Volkswagen CCV6-3.6L||Service typeCar Thermostat Replacement||Estimate$418.03||Shop/Dealer Price$503.33 - $727.65|
|2013 Volkswagen CCL4-2.0L Turbo||Service typeCar Thermostat Replacement||Estimate$327.15||Shop/Dealer Price$389.71 - $545.85|
|2010 Volkswagen CCL4-2.0L Turbo||Service typeCar Thermostat Replacement||Estimate$374.48||Shop/Dealer Price$440.89 - $600.11|
|2015 Volkswagen CCV6-3.6L||Service typeCar Thermostat Replacement||Estimate$321.19||Shop/Dealer Price$380.84 - $527.51|
Show example Volkswagen CC Car Thermostat Replacement prices
What is an engine cooling system thermostat and how does it work?
The car's engine cooling system thermostat is a small valve within a cooling system passageway that opens and closes in response to the temperature of the circulating engine coolant. When your car is first started and the coolant is cold, the valve in the thermostat will be in the closed position, circulating the coolant flow only within the engine instead of flowing to the radiator, which allows the engine to warm up fast, promoting fuel efficiency, low emissions, and reduced engine deposits. Once the engine coolant reaches the design temperature, usually around 195 degrees, the valve will open and close as you drive in order to maintain a coolant temperature typically between 195 to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
When to consider replacing the engine cooling system thermostat:
- Engine overheats. A thermostat with the valve stuck closed is a common cause of engine overheating. However, since there are other causes of overheating, a mechanic will thoroughly inspect the cooling system prior to condemning the thermostat. Since it is usually not known how badly the engine overheated, the mechanic will also try to determine if there is evidence that the cylinder head gasket was blown. If so, it would be repaired prior to replacing the thermostat.
- Temperature gauge reads too low or too high. Thermostats can get sticky, causing the engine temperature to stray from the optimal range. Your dash-mounted temperature gauge will notify you of this malfunction.
- Cooling system repairs. All thermostats eventually fail. Therefore, if the cooling system is already open for major repairs, such as water pump or radiator replacement, it is recommended to install a new thermostat simply as insurance against future breakdown.
How do mechanics replace the engine cooling system thermostat?
- Once the engine is completely cold, the radiator cap is loosened and enough coolant is drained from the radiator so the coolant level is below the thermostat housing.
- The thermostat housing is removed and the thermostat and gasket are extracted. Note that some cars have more than one cooling system thermostat and both might need replacement.
- All mounting surfaces on the thermostat housing are cleaned of old gasket material. A new gasket is applied and the thermostat is re-installed in the correct orientation and with the temperature sensing cylinder facing downward towards the engine.
- The thermostat housing bolts are tightened to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications using a calibrated inch-pound torque wrench.
- The cooling system is refilled with the appropriate coolant type and the system is fully bled of all air.
- The car engine is run until the normal operating temperature is reached, and while taking precautions with the hot coolant, the coolant level is rechecked while confirming there is flow through the radiator — either visually or with an infrared temperature gun. This will confirm the thermostat is open. Finally, the engine is checked for leaks.
Is it safe to drive with an engine cooling system thermostat problem?
No. If it has been determined that there is a thermostat problem, it should be repaired right away. Failure to do so can cause substantial and costly damage to the engine.
When replacing the engine cooling system thermostat keep in mind:
- Engine overheating due to causes other than a faulty thermostat, will themselves damage a thermostat. Therefore, always replace the thermostat if the engine overheats, even if the thermostat was not the initial cause of the overheating.
- The thermostat should be replaced anytime you have major work done on the coolant system. It is convenient and costs little during such repairs and insurance against future breakdown.
- OEM thermostats are the best ones to use and you can request your mechanic to install only the OEM thermostat. Dealer supplied, OEM thermostats are sometimes more costly but are generally higher quality and specifically engineered for your car.
Fast and easy service at your home or office
Backed by 12-month, 12.000-mile guarantee
Recent articles & questions
Most Most people neglect to see just how much of a privilege it is to drive on the roads in their area. For most Missouri residents, driving is something that they do without giving it much thought. Before you are...
Compasses Compasses are useful tools for navigating through new areas, traveling, or just making sure that you’re headed in the right direction. A directional compass in your car can be a really helpful tool for finding a destination, and it’s...
The drive belt operates different accessories mounted on the engine. The best way to minimize it's noise is to adjust the drive belt to specification.
Check fuel fill inlet
Hello. The "Check fuel inlet" message comes on when the computer detects that there is an issue with the vehicle's EVAP system. The EVAP system is an emissions system that collects fumes from the gas tank and recirculates them into...
Driver side window started making a loud grinding sound when rolled down! Wondering what it could be? Motor? Switch?
Hello there. It is possible that your window has become loose and is not entirely on the 'track' that raises and lowers the window. This is typically what causes the grinding noise. It's also possible the window motor is damaged...
How to Change the Thermostat on a Passat
The thermostat in the Volkswagen Passat regulates the temperature of the coolant as it flows into the engine. The thermostat is secured to the water pump on the lower half of the engine, and to access the thermostat inside the water inlet housing, you should drive the Volkswagen onto ramps. Allow the coolant time to cool before you work on the vehicle.
Place a drain pan under the petcock on the bottom of the radiator. Open the petcock with a pair of pliers, and drain the coolant from the radiator into the drain pan. Close the petcock.
Locate the water inlet housing by following the lower radiator hose. Remove the clamp that secures the radiator hose to the housing by using a pair of pliers. Pull the hose off the housing.
Remove the nuts that secure the water inlet housing to the water pump using a socket and ratchet.
Pull the housing off the water pump. Take note of the thermostat positioning inside the water pump. The thermostat has an arrow on it located between the two studs on the pump. When you place the new thermostat into the pump, make sure the arrow is in the same position it was on the thermostat you removed.
Pull the used thermostat out of the water pump. Place the gasket onto the new thermostat, and place the thermostat into the housing.
Place the water inlet housing onto the water pump, and secure it using the socket and ratchet.
Slide the hose onto the water inlet housing, and secure it using the clamp and pliers.
Remove the radiator cap on the top of the radiator. Place a funnel into the filler spout, and pour the coolant back into the engine. Put the cap back on the radiator.
- "VW Passat 1998-2005, Audi A4 1996-2001 Repair & Service Manual"; Eric Godfrey, John H. Haynes; 2008
Things You'll Need
- Drain pan
- Socket set
Since 2006 Zyon Silket has been writing for companies such as SEOWhat, L&C Freelancing and T-Mobile Wireless. He has extensive experience working in supervisory roles within the wireless and Internet technologies fields. Silket is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in business management and network technologies at Lehigh Carbon Community College.
More ArticlesSours: https://itstillruns.com/change-thermostat-passat-7509791.html
We're offline for a tune-up, we'll be up and running smoothly very soon.
In the meantime, here are some other options available:
Advance Auto Parts store
We appreciate your patience – on your next visit, use coupon code PS20 for 20% off your purchase.
We look forward to serving you,
The Advance Team
Without paying attention - I agreed. We started going upstairs to his office. I was in heels and accidentally stumbled. He grabbed me in the chest area, and at the same time squeezed my chest. Here I generally felt like a defenseless girl and at the same time strong male hands squeezing my breasts and especially in the area.
Cc 2012 thermostat location vw
Sergei demanded categorically. Irishka, obeying his stern voice, picked up the elastic of her panties and pulled them down to her knees, and then. On her ankles and took them off completely. Now she was completely defenseless in front of Sergei's gaze.Замена термостата на дизельной Шкода Октавия А5, Фольксваген Гольф 6 TDI.(Skoda Octavia A5, VW Golf)
Blimey. From this thought - I could not calm down my orgasm. When the bandage was untied. My entire office was lined with flowers.
- Closer to my dreams
- Chapter 12 assessment answers biology
- Addmotor fat tire electric bike
- Predator 2 vs intune i3
- Your baby can read dailymotion
- Karaoke with wireless microphone
- 2005 polaris sportsman 400 battery
- Trout lake valley inn
- Usb 2.0 header on motherboard
- High speed gear admin pouch
- Oconee county gis tax map
The dream pictures were still in front of her eyes. Finding Sergei was not easy. His role as a professional deflorator forced him to lead a rather secretive life, since it happened several times that his next girlfriend began to go crazy and stalk him.